This easy guide will help you set up your iPhone or iPad with iOS8 to receive and send email using your new account settings. If you are using an earlier version of the iOS operating system (specifically iOS 4), please refer to the following instructions: Updating your iPhone or iPad 4S
Important Notes About Apple Mobile Devices:
Contacts and Calendars Sync: By changing the settings below, the contacts and calendar sync with Google will stop working. Once your troycable.net email account is migrated to Zimbra, you will be able to sync your contacts and calendars again with the new service.
Gmail App - If you are currently using the Gmail App (downloaded from the itunes store) to access your troycable.net email, you will need to disconnect the app to avoid multiple notifications: How to Move Away from the Gmail App
Step 1. Locate your email settings:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open Settings (typically on your home screen)
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
Step 2. Click on Add Account, then Other, then Add Mail Account. Now complete the form and tap Next when finished.
Step 3. Update your INCOMING MAIL SERVER settings:
- Edit the Host Name field to: mail.troycable.net
- Ensure the User Name is your full @troycable.net email address.
Step 4. Update your OUTGOING MAIL SERVER
- In the Host Name field enter: smtp.troycable.net
- n the User Name field enter: Your full @troycable.net email address
- In the Password field enter: Your email password
- Tap Next
Congratulations! Your email is now configured.