If you are trying to get online but are having difficulties below are a few basic steps that can possibly have you up and surfing in a flash!
- Ensure that there is power going to your modem and/or router. If you do not have a power outage, make sure the power cords for the devices are plugged in to a functioning power outlet and that the outlet is not connected to a light switch that might be turned off.
- If you have moved your modem or router to another location, move it back to the original installation outlet. Keep in mind that High Speed services are set up to work on the outlet that they were originally installed on.
- Check for other disconnected wires (Ethernet cables between modem and router/computer)
- Reboot your router. Unplug the power from the router for 5 seconds, and plug it back in. It should take about 30 seconds to reboot.
- Reset your cable modem if applicable. This step usually is necessary to reestablish a connection after a recent problem.
- Reboot your computer. This step can resolve a lot of issues.
- Open your desired web browser and go to a dependable site such as www.google.com
If these steps did not restore or improve your service please contact our Helpdesk at 334-770-HELP (4357) for additional assistance.