The Troy Cable "Low Income Broadband Program" is a support program for low-income internet or voice subscribers. Consumers may be eligible for the Lifeline program if they have a qualifying household income or participate in a qualifying program. Individuals who may qualify for assistance on service may already receive other assistance from programs such as: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly known as Food Stamps), Medicaid, Supplemental Social Security (SSI), Federal Public Housing/Section 8 Assistance (FPHA), Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit or Tribal eligibility programs. Some individuals may be eligible to receive a monthly credit toward their service. In order to receive this credit, the service must be in the name of the qualifying Low Income Broadband Program recipient. Through the Low Income Broadband Program a qualifying applicant is eligible for up to one credit per household.
Income-Based Eligibility: A customer may be eligible for Lifeline-supported service if they have a gross annual household income at or below 135 percent of the federal poverty guidelines. Visit the Income Eligibility to learn more, including income guidelines and acceptable forms of documentation.
Program-Based Eligibility: A customer may be eligible for Lifeline-supported service if they participate in SNAP, Medicaid, or another qualifying program. Visit the Program Eligibility page to see the full list of qualifying programs and acceptable forms of documentation.
Eligibility for Enhanced Support: Lifeline customers that live on federally-recognized Tribal lands can receive discounts of up to $25 per month in addition to the standard benefit amount. Visit the Enhanced Lifeline Support and Link Up for Tribal Lands page to learn more.
If you are interested in additional information follow the links provided below or contact us at
PHONE (334) 770-1150 OR
BENEFITS OF THE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Monthly discount on residential unlimited phone plan
- Optional blocking of 900/976 numbers
- Additional phone lines allowed1
- Additional charges and rates may apply for Toll calls
- Optional service features available (e.g., Caller ID, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, Voice Mail)2
- Troy Cable Assistance Program benefits are only applicable on one phone line or internet connection at the customer's primary/principal place of residence.
- Optional service features are available and may be included depending on the phone plan selected for the residential phone service selected.
Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Some service restrictions may apply.